Neovim, a programmer's text editor based on Vim, provides several modes for different kinds of text manipulation. Pressing
iin normal mode enters insert mode.
<Esc>goes back to normal mode, which doesn't allow regular text insertion. See also:
vimdiff. More information: https://neovim.io.
- Open a file:
- Enter text editing mode (insert mode):
- Copy ("yank") or cut ("delete") the current line (paste it with
- Enter normal mode and undo the last operation:
- Search for a pattern in the file (press
Nto go to next/previous match):
- Perform a regular expression substitution in the whole file:
- Enter normal mode and save (write) the file, and quit:
- Quit without saving: