Opens files, directories, and URIs with default applications. This command is available through
fishon operating systems without the built-in
opencommand (e.g. Haiku and macOS). More information: https://fishshell.com/docs/current/cmds/open.html.
- Open a file with the associated application:
- Open all the files of a given extension in the current directory with the associated application:
- Open a directory using the default file manager:
- Open a website using the default web browser:
- Open a specific URI using the default application that can handle it: